38 Gallon Rear Tank Conversion Kit for 1983-1997 6.9 & 7.3 F250/F350 Trucks
Add fuel capacity and eliminate the problematic "shower head" pickup design with our billet diesel sump and new 38 gallon rear tank. With a sump fuel is picked up from the bottom of the tank so every drop of fuel is used, the entire fuel system is gravity fed, the feed and return lines are easily accessible without removing the tank, and the tank is easily drained by removing the drain fitting at the center of the sump.
Hardware for installing the tank is included along with new powder coated tank straps to fit the deeper tank, a new sending unit will be pre-installed and resistor ohm range set for your selected year range truck, so it reads just like the factory tank did but with the added extra fuel capacity.
Our billet diesel sump will also be preinstalled, sump threads are 1/2" npt.
The 38 gallon tank can be used with the stock selector switch and front fuel tank for over 55 gallons of total fuel capacity, or as a single fuel tank to eliminate the selector switch and simplify the fuel system greatly. Pushlock hose can be used from the rear tank up to the mechanical lift pump, or complete your install with our Performance E-Fuel Conversion Kits.
- This is a direct fit for all 1983-1997 F250, F350 factory diesel trucks.
- Due to the continued pandemic, the oem pigtail used in our 94-97 sending units are not available in any reliable volume, so we have instead sourced a slightly different pigtail which will replace the chassis side of the sending unit harness. This is easily reversible later on to go back to a factory pigtail, and is only two wires which come pre terminated and labeled for the installer. This is only for the 94-97 year range, all other year ranges the sending units plug directly into the factory harness.
- With the deeper tank the spare tire will not fit in the stock location.
- Not a direct fit for some cab and chassis frames, or diesel vans.
- In order to confirm this tank kit will work for your application, measure your frame rail's width taking the measurement from the outside of each frame rail, 34" wide cab and chassis frames will not fit these tanks.
- Dimensions: W: 34-3/4" x L: 27" x H: 13-3/4"
Buy a tank kit and automatically get fuel system kit at 10% off! LINK